Coming out from technological obscurity into one of the world’s most laptop brands, Asus has conquered the world with affordable but innovative gadgets. From Asus’ new line of smartphones comes the Asus Zenfone A501CG.
The Asus Zenfone employs a powerful processor – Intel Atom 2560 Multicore. Latest and fastest in the line of mobile processors, it enables your apps to run quickly and games run smoothly without compromising battery performance. Watch movies, go livestreaming, or make Skype calls without the typical lags associated with app-based services.
Selfie here, and selfie there. Enjoy crisp image quality with Zenfone’s 2MP front camera; capture a selfie with breeze. Snap breathtaking sceneries using the 8MP back camera, enhanced with Pixelmaster to deliver professional-looking images from your phone. Share photos instantly on Facebook or Instagram with seamless WiFi and network connections.
Asus takes user-friendly to a higher level. The ZenUI has every product information you need in a click, no need to look for the manual. With the intuitive Glove Touch, you can still use the device even when wearing gloves. Why buy two separate phones when you can service two numbers in one. Zenfone has a Dual SIM function, with both SIMs on active.
For longer hours of creating and sharing memories, be sure to pair your Zenfone with a powerbank of your choice available at the Lazada's Mobile and Tablets section to let you stay connected.
So you're in the market to buy a tablet. Here are three things to know before you buy.
1. To think about is what you want to do with this new tablet.
- you're gonna be able to download apps on them.
- play games on it. You can do spreadsheets.
- you can mange your business off of it.
- surf the internet.
- on a lot of tablets, which are gonna give you really nice, clear, beautiful display on the tablet. A lot of the resolutions on those tablets are remarkable.
- read books, magazines.
- take video and pictures on your tablet, do excel, do powerpoint, do word. All those fun microsoft office things that you're looking for can be handled on a tablet.
- there are tablets that you can actually buy that are for younger kids now.
- the kids' tablets are made to be a little bit more durable.
- there's a lot of pre-installed educational games and applications on there.
- there's what's called, like, mommy mode, where the parent has to type in a password, and then it can be used as a full tablet. So not only is it good for the kids, but it can be used by the adults as well.
2. When comparing tablets, consider how much storage space you'll need to do that you want?.
- the best way to choose a size is just kind of think about,"well, what am I gonna use it for?"
- the storage space for tablets starts out at around 8 gigs. You could store some music, some pictures, some games.
- if it's, "oh, i love my music,"and you want to take that with you, definitely I'd consider a larger storage space on that tablet.
- but when I'm going on vacation, I load a bunch of movies and tv shows on there to keep me occupied on the trip. For that, i need more storage space.
3. When it comes to connecting to the internet, you have options.
- the most common way people connect to the internet is probably wi-fi.
- wi-fi based tablets will pick up any wireless signal from any home, coffee shop, hotels, libraries, anywhere that has a wi-fi signal, really.
- there's also connective tablets. Anywhere that gets a cell phone connection, you can be connected to the internet.
- so you have a data plan similar to like you do on your cell phone. If you're in the passenger seat, you would easily be able to use it as a gps, use it to find a nearby restaurant. As long as you have cell phone service, you'll have internet wherever you are.
And that's three things. Start with what you want to do with your tablet, then consider your storage space needs, and how you'll connect that tablet to the internet. Shop with these things in mind, but also know that there's more to know. So come on into Lazada Crazy Tablet Sale and check out all your options.
1. A very convenient. One of the best things about online shopping is that you could pretty much go on any website of your choice and shop away. It doesn’t matter if it is day or night, because online shopping is always available for you.
2. You could compare prices. Another advantage of online shopping for moms is that you could check out different websites and compare prices throughout all those websites. You don’t have to settle for just one store and one price. You could compare prices from different vendors at any time during the day. Instead of feeling guilty about paying more for a product that is way cheaper in another store, you don’t have to get the feeling anymore if you try out Online Payment.
3. You have endless selections. Going to a physical store usually means that you only have a limited stock of certain products. With online shopping, once you look through one store branch and find out that they don’t have what you are looking for, you could jump right on to the other store branch located somewhere else and have it reserved and shipped out to you in a matter of seconds. You have the power to choose from a wide variety of options.
4. Read consumer reviews. If you aren’t too sure about a certain item, you don’t have to take the risk of buying it and not liking it or using it after purchase. You have easy access to consumer reviews when you buy online. You could read through ratings and reviews in the comfort of your own home. If you’re a busy mom trying to juggle around house chores, your family and work, online shopping is your sure bet. You are provided with many advantages that you may not find in going to a physical store. You are comfortable, you are at home, you have the chance to choose exactly what you need and you could spend time with your family while shopping.
In terms of design, the iPad Air 2 has no apparent differences with the iPad Air but it's difficult not to be enthused about its width and weight. With a weight of 444g and a thickness of 6.1mm, Apple's new tablet is undoubtedly one of the most elegant products in its category. The iPad Air 2 has a height of 240mm and a width of 169.5mm which both create a 9.7 inch display. Even though I'm not a fan of gold color choices in gadgets, I have to admit that the iPad Air 2 looks great in gold even though the white part on the back side of the tablet is not flattering. I truly love the aluminum body of the iPad Air 2, its diamond cut angles and the metallic nickel on the home button, which now has Touch ID technology.
In general, the overall feeling of holding an iPad Air 2 in your hands is incredible and I believe that Apple does not have any competitor in this section. The button layout on the iPad Air 2 remains the same as previous generation iPads with the exception that the mute button has been removed. Moreover, the stereo speakers have fewer grilles than those of the iPad Air but they still deliver a loud and qualitative sound experience. I would also say that the maximum volume levels of the iPad Air 2 is a little bit annoying. The iPad Air 2 is powered by an Apple A8X 64-bit processor which is a triple core processor clocked at 1.5GHz. On the other hand, the M8 processor is responsible for tasks such as the use of the guroscope, the accelerometer, the barometer, the GPS and the compass.
Display: 1536x2048px - 9.7 inches with a PPI of 264
Battery: 7340mAh (It may not reach the incredible autonomy standards that Apple set with the iPad 3 but it's still great)
As anyone would expect, the iPad Air 2 supports all 3G and 4G networks. The new iSight camera of the iPad Air 2 has improved sensors with 8 megapixels for the first time and it can capture 1080p video at 30fps and 720p at 120fps. Since Apple I believe that the company should have included a LED flash on the back. Also, the iPad Air 2 has a front camera of 1.6MP and it can capture 720p video up to 30fps. The highlight of the iPad Air 2 is its Retina display. This is an incredible and extremely capable panel with amazingly realistic colors, great black levels and rich viewing angles. The brightness and the clarity of the display impressed me even more. Undoubtedly, the iPad Air 2 has one of the best looking tablet displays.
It's incredible how fast apps load and how efficient is the multitasking now thanks to the 2GB RAM. Last but not least, I simply can't express to you how amazingly smooth is the experience of playing games on the iPad Air 2. I believe that owners of older iPads should definitely invest in the iPad Air 2 but I can't say the same for owners of the still amazingly beautiful iPad Air. I truly appreciate the price of the iPad Air 2 (€470 16GB Wi-Fi version) which is more realistic compared to the price of an iPhone 6. Without a doubt, Apple still continues to offer amazing products in the tablets category of technology products.
About P58 billion is included in the 2016 national budget for the planned salary increase of 1.5 million government personnel.
Davao City Rep. Isidro Ungab, chair of the House of Representatives appropriations committee, yesterday said the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), which recommended the pay hike, sought P51 billion for next year.
“We augmented it by P7 billion because the total requirement for the first-year implementation of the four-year salary adjustment program is P58 billion,” he explained.
He said the plan was for the increase to take effect on Friday, the start of the New Year.
The House and the Senate failed to finally approve the bill containing the pay hike plan on Dec. 16, the last session day of Congress for 2015.
A last-minute hitch arose when senators reconsidered the approval of their own version of the measure to allow Sen. Juan Ponce Enrile to introduce some amendments.
Enrile proposed that the pension of retirees from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) be indexed to the increased salaries of government officials and employees.
Military and police retirees were not included in the DBM proposal, which the House adopted and approved.
The House and the Senate would now have to resolve their differences when they reconvene on Jan. 19, 2016.
Ungab said the earliest the two chambers could approve the planned salary increase would be in the third week of January.
“That is, if we could agree on a common version, which I think is a most likely eventuality,” he added.
The DBM estimates that the pay hike program would cost P226 billion over four years: P57.906 billion in 2016, P54.393 billion in 2017, P65.976 billion in 2018 and P47.544 billion in 2019.
However, Sen. Ralph Recto estimates that taxpayers would have to shell out more than twice as much for the increase.
Recto reckons that if the first-year cost is P58 billion, then the minimum total appropriations needed up to 2019 would be P232 billion.
MANILA, Philippines â Malacanang on Monday announced the latest appointments of President Benigno Aquino III, among them, Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) Undersecretary Reggie Boiser Ramos.
Ramos replaced Jose Perpetuo M. Lotilla, one of the DOTC officials named in several transactions marred with irregularity including the P3.8 billion procurement of motor vehicle license plates.
The Palace also released the appointment of Ireneo Vigonte Vizmonte as Assistant Secretary of the Department of Trade and Industry, replacing Maria Lourdes T. Baua.
In the Department of Labor and Employment, President Aquino signed the appointment of Florante Ocular Perez and Lucila Castillo-Tarriela as members, representing workers sector of the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board-Region XIII of the DOLEâs National Wages and Productivity Commission.
Perez and Tarriella will serve for a term of five years, replacing Rolando Dahang and Francisco Floro, respectively.
President Aquino also signed the appointment of Ernesto Santos Gregorio Jr. as Director IV of the Department of Public Works and Highways, and Corazon Ignacio Flores as Director III of Department of Health.
Other presidential appointees include Ameurfina Dumlao-Santos, as member of Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development under the Department of Science and Technology.
Rolando Espinosa Pena and Elmer Bandayrel Billedo have been appointed as chairperson and member of the Professional Regulatory Board of Geology, respectively.
Pena replaced Emmanuel Tamesis while Billedo took over the place of Rudy Obial. The two will serve for a term of three years.
President Aquino signed all the appointments last December 15.
President Benigno Aquino III issued several proclamations declaring special non-working holidays in several provinces in January 2016 for the celebration of their respective founding anniversaries.
In Proclamation No. 1183 signed by Aquino on December 17, he declared January 4, Monday, as a special non-working holiday in the municipality of Naujan, Oriental Mindoro, in celebration of its 111th founding anniversary.
Meanwhile, Aquino, through Proclamation No. 1184, also declared January 5, Tuesday, a special non-working day in the municipality of Bauang in La Union to give the locals the opportunity to celebrate their Baggak Festival and the municipality's 430th founding anniversary.
Aquino also issued Proclamation No. 1185 declaring January 12, Tuesday, a special non-working holiday in Valencia City in Bukidnon also in commemoration of its foundation day.
Meanwhile, Proclamation No. 1180 declared January 16, Saturday, a special non-working holiday in Navotas City in celebration of its 110th Founding Anniversary. —Elizabeth Marcelo/KBK, GMA News
Any year-end holiday moratorium on US presidential campaign feuding ended Monday with Donald Trump unleashing new attacks on Democratic rival Hillary Clinton and blasting her husband Bill's "terrible record" with women.
Trump, leading the pack of Republican White House contenders, revived a flash point topic he brought up last week when he issued a warning about campaigning with former president Clinton after Hillary deplored Trump's inflammatory rhetoric.
The message was an ominous one: Bill Clinton's history of marital infidelity will be a drag on his wife's campaign to become the first female commander in chief in US history.
"If Hillary thinks she can unleash her husband, with his terrible record of women abuse, while playing the women's card on me, she's wrong!" Trump posted to his five million Twitter followers.
Hours earlier, the billionaire real-estate mogul noted how Clinton "has announced that she is letting her husband out to campaign but he's demonstrated a penchant for sexism, so inappropriate!"
And in a Sunday interview on Fox News Trump declared Bill Clinton "fair game, because his presidency was really considered to be very troubled because of all the things that she's talking to me about."
The remark referred to a recent interview that Hillary Clinton gave to Iowa's Des Moines Register, in which she said Trump had "demonstrated a penchant for sexism" after he used vulgar language to criticize Clinton's 2008 campaign loss to Barack Obama, and declared her bathroom break at the latest Democratic debate "disgusting."
During the debate Clinton accused Trump of being "ISIS's best recruiter," referring to the self-described Islamic State extremist group, and said the radical jihadists were using videos of Trump's anti-Muslim remarks as a recruiting tool.
Trump demanded an apology, but none was given.
Clinton and Trump are locked in battle for their respective parties' presidential nominations.
Barely a month before the first votes are cast in the state-by-state nomination process, the top candidates appear to be looking past the primaries and going head to head, with Trump reviving an issue that nearly derailed Bill Clinton's presidency.
Clinton admitted he had a sexual relationship with an intern, Monica Lewinsky, while he was president. Other rumors and accusations of sexual impropriety dating back to his time as governor of Arkansas have dogged Clinton for years.
Republicans in Congress pressed vigorously for Clinton's removal from office. The House of Representatives impeached the president for perjury and obstruction of justice in 1998, but the Senate acquitted him on both counts.
Trump was scheduled to hold a rally Monday evening in New Hampshire, and if his recent campaign history is a guide, there is a good chance he will escalate the feud.
A grand jury in the US state of Ohio has declined to bring criminal charges against police officers involved in the fatal shooting last year of a 12-year-old boy in Cleveland, a prosecutor said overnight.
The November 2014 death of Tamir Rice - a black child who had been carrying a replica gun in a playground when he was shot dead - and the fatal shootings of other African Americans by police have triggered protests across the country.
"Based on the evidence they heard and the law as it applies to police use of deadly force, the grand jury declined to bring criminal charges" against the two officers involved, including the one who shot Rice, Tim McGinty, the prosecutor for Cuyahoga County told reporters.
"Given this perfect storm of human error, mistakes and communications by all involved that day, the evidence did not indicate criminal conduct by police."
Surveillance video showed Rice was fatally shot within seconds of the patrol car arriving on the scene. The boy died hours later in hospital.
A judge had recommended in June that there was probable cause to charge the officers, but independent reports ordered by McGinty's office and released in October found that officer Timothy Loehmann was justified in shooting Rice.
Neither Loehmann nor his partner, Frank Garmback, were indicted on Monday.
The Rice shooting came just days before a grand jury opted not to indict a white police officer who fatally shot unarmed black teenager Michael Brown in the St Louis, Missouri, suburb of Ferguson in August 2014.
The two incidents are frequently cited in the ongoing national debate about how race plays into police actions in the United States.
In December 2014, a federal probe launched by the Justice Department - well before the Rice shooting - found that Cleveland police had engaged in a pattern of using excessive force.
Cleveland - a city of 390,000 that is more than 50 percent African-American - pledged in May to overhaul its police force and aspire to "bias-free" law enforcement, under an agreement with the Justice Department.